Saturday, October 27, 2018

Longest game in World Series history

Last night's game was 18 (!) innings, running 7 hours and 20 minutes.  That's two games played back to back.  Pro tip: watching the game in bed gives you the chance to wake up every two or three innings to see the score.

Both teams pitching staffs are more or less completely disrupted now.  Tonight's game will be interesting - rather than last night's pitcher's duel, tonight could be a real slugfest as tired pitchers get knocked around.

I have to say that this is one of the things I love about baseball - even watching for 50 years I've never seen anything like this.  It's a very old game, but you're always seeing something new.  Or old - heck, one of the Dodgers got caught between first and second and run down.  We used to play "pickle" as kids.


3 comments:

ProudHillbilly said...

I don't follow it, but used to go to minor league games. Need to put that on my "to do" list for next year.

Aesop said...

I left the ER last night at midnight PDT to get dinner, saw the replay, and asked what the final score had been.

And then they told me it was still live.
Listened on the radio, got back just in time for the final HR.

Helluva show.

And nobody kneels during the National Anthem.

Borepatch said...

Helluva show.

Aesop, sure was.As was tonight's.

And nobody kneels during the National Anthem

I love that.