Saturday, January 30, 2010

Free speech isn't the right to be free from criticism



Shamelessly stolen from MaddMedic, who's on the blogroll now - both of his places. His second blog (I'm in awe - the only explanation for how he has the time must be that he has Calvin's duplicator box from Calvin & Hobbs) brings the skinny on the wonderful government run healthcare system in the UK:
It began with a stern lecture from the receptionist for not following the rules. The NHS requires patients to be formally registered with the practice before the doctor sees them. Appointments must be made in the morning for the same day only. In addition, you cannot make phone appointments but must visit the surgery in person. This particular rule appears to have been established by the practice itself to sidestep confusion with the Appointments Line – an NHS telephone booking system so complicated that it requires an 18-page user guide!
Well worth your time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am humbled sir.
Time? I do not waste it watching TV. I either read whatever the heck interest me on the Innerweb, read a book of some such,Ilove books and wish I had every book I ever owned(I favor military sci fi)...I am in awe of Breda as she has all kinds of books!!
I am an old paramedic wh now teaches EMS type stuff to Fire, Law Enforcement, Security Agencies.
Then there is this little guns habit, shooting things and now reloading!!
See I have planty of time!!

Thanks for the Blogroll!!