Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Prior restraint

David at Fighting for Liberty knocks it out of the park:

Now, in order to speak your mind in public, you have to …

1) Register for a Free Speech ID Card (good forever, unless you’re ever arrested or run afoul of any forfeiture rules).

2) Register for a temporary Free Speech check card, good for 90 days, which is your window to register a blog, write an editorial for a paper, or speak freely in public about an issue.

RTWT, and bookmark it. Everything that you need to know about the gun control debate, and how to talk to gun controllers, is right there.

When I'm in a fey mood and talking with gun banners, I like to ask them whether they think I'm likely to shoot up a school. I've found that this makes people very uncomfortable indeed. It also makes them think I'm a jerk. This might be more effective.

No comments: