Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Remember that CEO who said he would pay all his employees $70,000 a year?

Remember how everyone said how awesome he was, paying people a "living wage"?  Well, you can drive nature out with a pitchfork but she always returns:
Back in April we told you about Dan Price, CEO of Gravity Payments, who said he would pay every single one of his employees $70,000 annually. 
Every single one, from the lowest skilled workers on up. 
Now, as expected, Price has fallen on hard times financially, even having to rent out his own home. 
Employees who work for Gravity are now leaving the company, “spurred in part by their view that it was unfair to double the pay of some new hires while the longest-serving staff members got small or no raises.”
In other news today, water is wet and it's dark at night.  Pictures at 11.

9 comments:

taminator013 said...

Wow! I never saw that coming (sarc)......................

LindaG said...

Definitely not a surprise.
Is it okay to share this on my fb page?

Borepatch said...

Linda, share away!

;-)

LindaG said...

Thank you!

ProudHillbilly said...

Hahahaha!! The major failing of liberalism is that it denies human nature.

Ken said...

"Employees who work for Gravity are now leaving the company, 'spurred in part by their view that it was unfair to double the pay of some new hires while the longest-serving staff members got small or no raises.'"

Wreckers, counter-revolutionaries, and false consciousness, but mostly wreckers. They'll be dealt with, come a day. /sarc

Rick C said...

That update's a year and a half old. Wonder how the company's doing now.

Home on the Range said...

I've had comments in past jobs from low-level admin people saying it "wasn't fair" I got a big paycheck and they got a small one. I always said - "go out and holding down sometimes two jobs while going to college for 8 years full time (undergrad and grad), while having NO social life, decent car, or toys and you can HAVE my next paycheck on your return." So far no one has taken me up on it.

Goober said...

Yeah, Brigid, I had a guy who's privy to salaries at my company make a crack the other day about mine being so large . Kind of pissed me off, so I offered to trade him jobs, straight up. He didn't take me up on that for some reason. :)