Saturday, January 28, 2017

FedEx driver becomes new super hero

Saves America flags from being burned by punks:
IOWA CITY, Iowa — Two people have been arrested after a FexEx delivery man intervened a protest flag burning in Iowa City on Thursday, Jan. 26.
Around noon, a small number of people gathered at a rally in front of the pedestrian mall to protest the Dakota Access Pipeline, and a variety of other issues, reports KCRG. As they were burning an American flag, bystanders caught video of a FedEx employee jumping in and grabbing the flags, putting out the flames with a fire extinguisher.
[Pauses to let the cheers die down]

People are already celebrating the mythic aspects:


4 comments:

SiGraybeard said...

Fox was reporting this morning that FedEx might fire him for this, but then posted a statement from the company saying they were not going to.

Smart PR on FedEx's part.

B said...

Yeah, had FED-EX fired him, I'd have made sure to use ANY other carrier.

I doubt he did it for the fame. He just did it.

And should we ever meet, the beer (and steaks) are on me.

Anyone know his name?

LindaG said...

I was very glad when hubby read that Fed Ex had no intention of any sort of penalty to the drive. I am happy they backed him up.
God bless him for standing up to protesters.

pigpen51 said...

I have a hard time explaining to people that while I understand and support the right to burn the flag as free speech, I will stop anyone from doing so in my presence, and accept the penalty for doing so. It is a matter of respect for what my family and friends have given to the military, both in the past and also currently.