Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thursday Gun Pr0n

ARs and 1911s and Auto-5s, oh my!

ASM826 and Dan in NC took us to the range yesterday evening to make some noise, which is (unsurprisingly) an excellent way to get rid of the stress from a long day in the car. I'd shot the AR and the 1911 (#2 Son's favorite), and they're indeed very nice. What was new was the one at the bottom of the picture, the Browning Auto-5, designed by The Man himself, John Moses Browning (PBUH).

Man, what a sweet, sweet shotgun. Light recoil, fast cycling action. Fast cycling. The fact that I couldn't break many of the clays is no statement on the gun (although it was pretty cool when I hit a clay dead center, and it disappeared in a cloud of dust).

This one is on the top of my "Guns I will get when I move to the United States of America" list.

There was also AR fun. #1 Son was pretty psyched when he saw that he was significantly better than me with the Auto-5; the AR gave me a chance to impress him. I left the target in the car (too tired to get it now; I wrote this post last night and scheduled it for this morning), but the top reason to get an AR is because you want 2" groups ...

I'll put up a proper Range Report for the Auto-5 when I'm back home. ASM826 has more pictures up, so check them out.

1 comment:

Mike Golch said...

BorePatch,Ah yes the Ar-15 a cicy version of the trusty M-16,the 1911 is a fun gun as well. I'm not allowed to have any of the fun guns.(it would be to tempting to use one the wrong way).Thank you for stopping by and leaving me the kinds words that you did.I hope that you the Mrs and your family are having a great day.Mike.