Wednesday, December 4, 2013

ZOMG Climate Change!!!11!!eleventy!!

Study predicts Sun is headed towards a Dalton-like Solar Minimum around 2050.

I'll be just over 100 then.  Better move south from the mountains of Georgia where we can no doubt expect deep snow and glaciers and stuff.  I mean, it's a climate computer model.  What, are you Denying Science or something?  Because Science®!

Or I can decide that the Study is full of crap, p < 0.05.  On the other hand, Florida won't tax my Social Security.  And If I move there, maybe I can hang out with Uncle Jay and the Cool Kids.  Err, without having to travel to East Bumistan like he does ...

Bootnote: If you haven't heard of the Dalton Minimum and why it's important, start here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In other news, it's a snow day here for the schoolkids. I never got a snow day when I was growing up.

Damn you Algor!

Rev. Paul said...

And in contrast, there's an article in today's paper about how Global-Warming-is-hurting-us-RIGHT-NOW-and-it's-gonna-get-worse.

Meanwhile, we just spent several days with temps below zero. Yawn.

Divemedic said...

I'm collecting my pension here in Florida. There are no state income taxes, and the property tax here is only $1,200 a year. There is a 7% sales tax, but that is the extent of taxes here.
The only down sides are that 1)84% of homes here are in deed restricted communities, controlled by Homeowner's Associations that are run by wannabe tyrant busybodies, and 2) You almost HAVE to be able to speak Spanish to live in certain areas.

SiGraybeard said...

I'm with Divemedic - except my property taxes are 30% lower than that and my sales tax is 6%. My taxes are lower because by constitutional amendment they can't raise property taxes beyond a certain percentage (3?) year over year and I've been in this house forever.

No HOA (although he's right about wannabe tyrants). Spanish is helpful but not essential. But so are Russian, Ukrainian, Hindi, Hebrew, Persian and a bunch of others. We're kind of the great hub for the High Tech Redneck.

Meanwhile, I'm just waiting on some snow. We had flakes three times in the 30 years I've been here.

Angus McThag said...

Fair warning, Lame Bloggers like me also live in FL.