Thursday, March 8, 2012

In which I admit to hating the poor

It's a fair cop.  This is a disgrace:
Lincoln Park, MI (WDIV) -- A Michigan woman who won one-million dollars in the lottery had enough money to buy a new house and car, but not enough to cover her grocery bill.

Lottery winner Amanda Clayton was spotted using a state issued food assistance card to buy food.

"Well, I thought that they would cut me off," said Clayton. "But since they didn't, I thought maybe it was ok."

...

A reporter for WDIV asked her if she thinks she has the right to the money when some taxpayers are really struggling and need the money.

"I mean, I have no income and I have bills to pay. I have two house," said Clayton.
Tar, feathers.

5 comments:

ZerCool said...

GMTA, eh?

Dave H said...

Who's up to start an Occupy Lottery Street protest?

Best argument I ever heard for abolishing the lottery.

Anonymous said...

Well to be fair after taking the lump sum and taxes she only pulled in hal a million. However thanks to Obummer quantitative easing that was worth about $100 in 2008.

Paul, Dammit! said...

You'd think she was an executive with Freddie Mac or Bank of America!

Anonymous said...

When I was a kid in the 60's, the old folks use to say, "you can take ALL of the money in the world and give it out evenly to ALL of the people of the world...and within one generation, the poor people will be back and all of the old rich folks will be rich again".

So once again a supposedly trite saying seems to have a kernal of truth.

Yep, give a welfare recipient a gold mine and they will buy, buy, buy!!!!!

They have no concept of saving, BECAUSE they havent had to save.

Steve