Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Christine Lee Hanson

 Christine Lee Hanson would be 25 now, graduated from college, and starting her adult life.

 Christine was two years old. Her parents were taking her to Disneyland. They lived in Groton, Massachusetts and were on Flight 175 on a beautiful September morning twenty-three years ago today. She became the youngest person to die in the terror attack of September 11th, 2001.


At the end, her father was on the phone with his father. When the phone went silent, Christine's grandfather hung up. They had the TV on and watched the plane strike the tower at the same time. His wife says he was never the same.

Martin Luther King once said in a speech, "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."

I hope that this is true.

Remember.

4 comments:

Landroll said...

Forgive me for my sins but I do believe we haven't killed enough of them yet.

chris said...

Never forget

Master Diver said...

I had been off Missile Combat Crew for over 25 years, but I still felt my hand reaching for a Launch Key!

libertyman said...

What was amazing to me on the anniversary was how little notice was given to the day.