Sunday, February 12, 2023

Tchaikovsky - Love Theme from Romeo and Juliet

I posted this two years ago but it highlights just how lost I would be without The Queen Of The World.

This is arguably the most famous romantic music ever written and since this is the Feast of St. Valentine here's something to share with your sweetheart.  Relax, even if she's not a classical music aficionado , she knows this.  You do too.  I mean, it's been in literally everything, from Sesame Street to Wayne's World.

What's surprising is that Tchaikovsky's masterpiece was initially poorly received and he had to re-write it.  But the effort was worth it - this really made his reputation and as I said, this is the most famous piece of romantic classical music ever written.

If you want to cheat, skip ahead to around 8:50.  You should find yourself humming right along.

And now for a confession: I had searched for this for literally years, but to my shame didn't know who the composer was and didn't think about Tchaikovsky.  I mentioned this to The Queen Of The World and she found it in literally 5 minutes.  She's not just a pretty face, she's wicked smart.

3 comments:

Michael said...

She's a keeper, both of us married above our status :-)

Great music selection

libertyman said...

Beautiful music, you romantic devil you.

Mike Hendrix said...

Tchaikovsky is one of those composers who I haven't yet heard everything he ever wrote, I just haven't yet heard anything he wrote that I didn't love.