Saturday, May 8, 2021

Uncle Kracker - No Time To Be Sober

A friend turned me on to this hilarious song about the virus lockdown.  I can't figure out what my favorite line is; probably this:

I used to crack a beer and throw on CMT But now I'm sipping vodka with the CDC

 Made. Of. Win.


No Time To Be Sober (Songwriter: ?)

I'm at my local Winn Dixie, feeling kinda risky 'Cause I forgot my surgical mask And it seems the town is with me, 'cause man the looks are shifty I get from every person I pass I'm just here to stock up on spirits and get a few things for my home So please just someone tell me why all the toilet paper's gone This ain't no time to be sober This ain't no time to be sober There's a time and place to hide your face And I got nothing but time to waste This ain't no time to be sober I've had my fellow zoom meetings Emotional eating since five o'clock till arriving 'round noon And I swear this paranoia, man it can destroy ya Every time I cough I swear that I'm through I'm like six feet from my sanity, just trying to get back And figure out why Carole Baskin fed her husband to that cat This ain't no time to be sober This ain't no time to be sober There's a time and place to hide your face And I got nothing but time to waste This ain't no time to be sober I used to crack a beer and throw on CMT But now I'm sipping vodka with the CDC and This ain't no time to be sober (this ain't no time to be sober) This ain't no time to be sober There's a time and place to hide your face And I got nothing but time to waste This ain't no time to be sober I do believe we should share cheer But I'll do mine from over here and This ain't no time to be sober I can't wait 'till it's over

2 comments:

Murphy(AZ) said...

I think my favorite lines are "This ain't no time to be sober." Hasn't been for a long time now.

Old NFO said...

Good one! :-)