Click through to the CDC's web site - the data are very interesting. Everything that I've seen reported by the idiot media has been a big grab bag of "Death by Kung Flu" + "Death with Kung Flu" + "We think it might have been Death with Kung Flu but couldn't be bothered to test to make sure". Now CDC has broken this all out explicitly. Looking at just the "Death From Kung Flu", things are looking pretty encouraging:
We're on the other side of the mountain. The graph looks the same if you plot "We think it might have been Death with Kung Flu but couldn't be bothered to test to make sure":
1. The data have been dodgy but we're getting better visibility. Things are better - a lot better - than anyone has been saying.
2. Even using crappy data (where nobody dies of natural causes anymore) it's very clear that things are a lot better than anyone has been saying.
3. Prediction: when the data for this week are in, the plot trajectories will continue in the same direction, heading towards zero.
4. There is absolutely no data justifying maintaining the lockdown that has thrown 30 Million out of work. The trajectory of that graph is also clear - each day another million people lose their jobs.
5. There is no data that shows that the lockdown is saving lives. There is no data that shows that the lockdown is preventing ICUs from being overloaded. You can say that after the lockdown were imposed the deaths peaked and then declined, but the lockdown went into effect a month ago - why the delay in turning the curve? Where's your control group so you can compare lockdown vs. non-lockdown deaths? This is nothing but post hoc ergo propter hoc reasoning. OK, maybe it's also bureaucratic ass-covering.
6. The lockdown is being implemented by fascists. That by itself is sufficient reason to end it.
We're over the mountain. It's over, we're just waiting for the Fat Woman to sing. Given how wretched our government is, that means it will only be another month of lockdown.