Saturday, April 2, 2016

A love letter to Baseball

The Smithsonan Channel is running a show called Major League Legends.  It is outstanding - in fact, it earns the coveted adjective "Borepatchian".

Really.  It's all there: Ted Williams and "The Gods do not answer fan mail."  Lou Gehrig - perhaps experiencing a premonition of the fate awaiting him - breaking into tears during this opera.  Joseph Campbell and the Hero's Journey.  If you like Baseball (as I do), I cannot recommend this show more highly.

And so let me close, filled with hope.  It's springtime, the season of renewal.  The season when you hear clearly the eight most beautiful words in the English language.

... and the home of the Brave.  Play ball!



Yeah, I know that I already posted a Saturday Redneck song today.  It's Opening Day tomorrow.  And I love this song.

And the Queen Of The World called me an "Intellectual Redneck".  She spoils me rotten.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Intellectual Redneck". Indeed. That one is gonna stick.

ProudHillbilly said...

Time to check the Frederick Keys schedule...

ProudHillbilly said...

Time to check the Frederick Keys schedule...