Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Thank you

I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things.  The discomfort is less than it was, based on how much I've been scaling back on the meds.  I'm back at work which is interesting since it's not easy to type with limited use of my right hand.  I find that I get tired very easily (still) which is very frustrating - this is the first time that I've had to convalesce for more than a day or two, and it's very annoying that I still need help getting dressed.  Bah.

But I'd like to thank all of you who left comments expressing encouragement - that's some powerful medicine right there.  I've been really quite dreadful about replying to emails, and will try to catch up.  Thanks to everyone who sent a note.

And a HUGE thank you to reader Tony, and also to Chris Byrne for offering to come down to Florida and trailer my bike back to the ATL.  I'm speechless at the generosity you showed.

Lastly, it's hard to express just what a relief it's been that this blog has been in the capable hands of ASM826 while the meds have had me orbiting Mars.  His daily dose of bloggy goodness has removed a real source of discomfort from me, letting me put down the keyboard for what's really been two full weeks (!) without letting things go dead here.  Thanks, brother.

And this is really, really funny.  Courtesy of Miguel:


12 comments:

Eagle said...

Good news, BP!

Dave H said...

I'm glad you're feeling better BP. I can't imagine being unable to type. (My wife used to complain that I didn't need a gag to shut me up. I needed handcuffs.)

Now, all things considered, don't you wish you'd gotten a tattoo instead?

Heroditus Huxley said...

Glad to hear you're recovering. Don't overdo things, and recovery will go faster--I promise.

Goober said...

Re: getting tired easily:

I've been on heart meds since April that disallow me to get my heart rate up much over 110.

You want to talk about not having any endurance and getting tired easily.

I feel your pain.

Weetabix said...

ASM826 has done a great job, but you needn't have worried. We'd have waited for you.

I'm sure you know this, but do everything the doctor says to do for rehab, and add some more. Sitting is what will keep you feeling poorly.

Anonymous said...

Tom L. gets the props for opening the GoFundMe, I just made the snarky remark.

Real glad you are mending well :)

NotClauswitz said...

Be glad you didn't get a tattoo in some place you can't reach around and itch without the surging pain!
Burt maybe they don't itch?

Rev. Paul said...

We're all just glad to hear that you're on the mend. Don't overdo it (like me), but push right up to the limit of what the doc says you can do. Doing less might well prolong the recovery.

drjim said...

Good to hear you're back.

I'm in the same boat as Goober.

Between the metroprolol and the losartan, it's knocked my stamina and endurance down a good 30%.

The Old Man said...

Son, BTDT - spent 4 months in Cleveland Clinic. But if you work yourself harder than you want to, you'll climb outta the hole.
I'm still alive. I recommend it.

kahr40 said...

Glad you're getting better and looking forward to your full recovery.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your on the mend..
Amazing how much longer it takes to'recover' from ailments and injuries as one ages..

Take it easy...

Not saying your old or anything!!