Sunday, January 3, 2010

Northeast Gunblogger Dinner AAR

Everyone's blogging this, and blogging it better, so I'll be (uncharacteristically) brief.

Thank you, Marko, for letting me shoot your Smith. And thank you for letting me shoot your Steyr, which is pretty darn nifty.

Thank you, Scotaku, for getting clearance to come shooting. It wouldn't have been the same without you.

Thank you, Lissa, for bringing Mike shooting with us.

A big, big thank you to our "Community Organizer", JayG. Thanks for putting this together, and causing me to get out to the range for a change. I mean three months? Srlsy? This was an excellent time, and it simply wouldn't have happened without you.

The biggest thank you, though, goes to Doubletrouble and TOTWTYTR, who asked me the questions:
Doubletrouble: TOTWTYTR tells me that your Missus sure liked shooting the Enfield. My son is thinking about selling one of his.

TOTWTYTR: So when are you going to break down and get your FID?
Yup. Thanks for the kick in the seat of the pants, guys.

4 comments:

TOTWTYTR said...

You're welcome. And remind me to bring the Enfield No5 Mk1 "Jungle Carbine" to the next shoot. They kick like a mule, but you and Mrs. Bore Patch should try one out.

Oh, and the full size SKS, just because.

doubletrouble said...

Hey, you know me, always willing to give someone a kick in the shorts.

I will pursue that line of inquiry when I next speak to the lad.

Nice seeing you guys, & meeting the lovely & rifley Mrs. BP.

Jay G said...

Thanks for gracing us with your presence, BP. I only wish I could have spent more time chatting with you and the Mrs.

And yes, like I said, we should talk about that permit deal.

;)

Lissa said...

Why thanks! I think he's really cute too :) It's always nice to see y'all!!