Sunday, November 5, 2023

Trevor Rabin - Theme to the film National Treasure

The Queen Of The World and I babysat the grandkids last night, and we watched "National Treasure" which is, well, a national treasure.  Clever and engaging (all the puzzles to solve) it's a great film to watch with kids.  The music is excellent, and looking into it I fell down the rabbit hole reading about the composer, Trevor Rabin.

I did not know that he was inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, as a member of the band Yes.  I had not known that he wrote their biggest hit, "Owner Of A Lonely Heart".  And I hadn't known that he has scored over 40 (!) feature films.  I probably need to get out more.

2 comments:

libertyman said...

Another amazing talent -- I was an early Yes fan, but had no idea of the personnel and their stories. A fellow from South Africa originally, I see. I wonder if Kim or Peter would know him?
Anyway, great class this morning, I had never heard of the movie but will watch it. Thank you for doing this.

Aesop said...

"Albuquerque. See? I can do it too. Snorkel." - Riley Poole