Saturday, February 19, 2022

Garth Brooks - Wild Horses

 


So the Canadian Police have sent actual Mounties to break up the trucker's protest.  People have been trampled, including a disabled old woman.  The Mounties' "heroism" in this has been noted all over the world.  We'll see if these horses can drag the truckers away.


Wild Horses (Songwriters: Bill Shore, David Wills)

From a phone booth in Cheyenne
I made a promise to Diane
No more rodeos
I'd gone my last go 'round

The same promise that I made
In San Antone and Santa Fe
But tonight I saddled up
And let her down

Wild horses keep draggin' me away
And I'll lose more than I'm gonna win someday
Wild horses just stay wild
And her heart is all I break
Wild horses keep draggin' me away

She'll watch me drive around her block
Gettin' courage up to stop
To make her one more promise
That I can't keep

The way I love the rodeo
I guess I should let her go
Before I hurt her more
Than she loves me

Wild horses keep draggin' me away
And I'll lose more than I'm gonna win someday
Wild horses just stay wild
And her heart is all I break
Wild horses keep draggin' me away

6 comments:

Old NFO said...

Damn, I thought the Mounties were going to stay out of that mess...

Aesop said...

BP, image amended: apparently, despite the best efforts to the contrary of the RCMP, apparently their victim has survived.

Wayne said...

Dudley did not “Do Right.”

ASM826 said...

Image replaced due original image being deleted.

Borepatch said...

OldNFO, I don't know if the Mounties were RCMP or Ottawa PD Mounted Police, but mounted they ideed were.

And they did not "get their man." They got an old, disabled woman on a mobility scooter. I guess that the men were too quick for them, so they took what they could get.

BobF said...

Chem spray, batons, pistols, rifles, riot gear, and horses, all for a peaceful protest.

I suppose for a violent protest they will unleash tactical nukes "borrowed" from Biden?

Just what *would* the next step be?

And if anyone thinks LE won't confiscate weapons here, think again. LE will do as ordered on both sides of the border.