Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Social media, the good and the bad

The good:  Dwight has been blogging for 12 years.

It seems that I have been blogging for twelve years as of today.

This is, frankly, a number that astonishes me. I really don’t know what to say, beyond the obligatory anniversary post.

There's more, including his preferred coffee cup.  Go leave him some commenty love.  He's the Go-To place for obituaries which is actually more interesting than it sounds.

The bad: It's, well, social media.

I mean, I just can't even.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks, chief.

It seems like, with all the Chinese Rabies and stuff going on last year, I actually missed the 11th anniversary. Which is a shame, as a Spinal Tap reference is always appropriate.

Also, I checked, and apparently "linen" is the traditional 12th anniversary gift. So if anyone was thinking about getting me an anniversary gift: Please. Don't.

==Dwight

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

One wonders -if any of us are even around anymore - if in 100 years the phenomenon of social media will be seen for the social desert of relationships that it was.

LindaG said...

Social media is getting scarily stupid.
As is society in general, it would seem.

Be safe and God bless.

Annie in Ocala said...

Congratulations!
An thanks for your efforts....
I check in as I can.

fishbonesde said...

Distraction...got off all