Saturday, July 3, 2021

Jimmy Buffett and Martina McBride - Trip Around The Sun

Today is The Queen Of The World's birthday.  Her best friend from High School is visiting, which is nice.  Feel welcome to celebrate with some fireworks if you'd like.

Birthdays are not just a time for celebration, however - they're also time for reflection on where you've been and where you're going.  While our move to Florida has been a smashing success, The Queen Of The World has had a few health challenges these last 12 months.  Not just the three surgeries, but a month on crutches as well.  And I'm probably leaving something out.

I must confess that she's kind of fun on the knee scooter.  Dangerous, but fun.

Of course there's a country music song about this.  Happy birthday, sweetheart.


Trip Around The Sun (Songwriters: Stephen Bruton, Al Anderson, Sharon Vaughn)

Hear 'em singing happy birthday
Better think about the wish I make
This year gone by
Ain't been a piece of cake.

Every day's a revolution
Pull it together and it comes undone
Just one more candle and a trip around the sun.

I'm just hanging on while this old world keeps spinning
And it's good to know it's out of my control.
If there's one thing that I've learned from all this living
Is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go.

No you never see it coming,
Always wind up wondering where it went.

Only time will tell
If it was time well spent.
It's another revelation,

Celebrating what I should have done
With these souvenirs of my trip around the sun.

I'm just hanging on while this old world keeps spinning
And it's good to know it's out of my control.
If there's one thing I have learned from all this living
Is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go.

Yes I'll make a resolution

That I'll never make another one.

Just enjoy this ride on my
Trip around the sun.
Just enjoy this ride
On my trip around the sun...
Trip around the sun.

 


6 comments:

libertyman said...

Ah, the lovely Martina McBride. I really like her voice.Looks like we won't go to Great Woods to see Buffett this year, no loss.

Best wishes to the QotW on her birthday, a perfect choice of tunes to celebrate.

LindaG said...

Happy birthday to TQofTW! 🎉🎂

Old NFO said...

Happy birthday to her!

Z@X said...

Happy Birthday to the Queen!





Weetabix said...

When HH6 broke her ankle and was on a knee scooter, I went to Wally world and bought a girl's bike decoration set: a little basket, a bell, sparkly hand grips and streamers. It was quite silly, but it made the scooter (nicknamed Scootch) a bit more fun.

Happy birthday to the QotW, and I hope she keeps improving.

Stuart said...

Very nice indeed. Thank you.