Sunday, December 6, 2020

Pentatonix - That’s Christmas To Me

I guess I'm officially an old fart.  Pentatonix is a very talented young group who specialize in a cappella music - in my opinion the least forgiving type of music you can perform.  With a backup band there's something playing that can ground you in tune; when it's a cappella it's just you and the audience.  Like I said, this is a seriously talented young group of singers.

And yet I don't get the fashion sense of these youngsters.  I guess that's OK - I'm certainly as old as their dads, and perhaps not too far behind some of their granddads.

Ah, well, this is very nice music, and the home Christmas videos of when they were small children is very well done indeed.



3 comments:

Will Brown said...

Another very talented (in a different way to this) music group that I've been enjoying on YouTube is First to Eleven. Mostly a mix of original songs and covers, but they make a real effort to put out Christmas related music videos in the season (which lasts all year on the YT rotation). Their most recent Christmas video is:

youtube.com/watch?v=NONtlwyHaRs

Not often the way I'd do it, but always well done and consistently "them".

libertyman said...

Pentatonix harmony is wonderful. What a gift.

Roy said...

Libertyman is right. Their harmony is really great. I sing base in a choir but I am nowhere near as talented as they are. Thank you for posting this.