Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Just for fun: The Bangles - Walk Like An Egyptian

Maddmedic (you do read him every day, don't you?  I thought so) left a horrified comment to the last post about running a 1980s Macintosh in a web browser:
Stop that!!!
Mullets?!?!
Wang Chung???!!
For our younger readers, I must explain that the music of the '80s - and particularly the music videos of the '80s - was a mystical and magical place.  In fact, the music videos had serious production budgets: Michael Jackson's Thriller video may be the most expensive music video ever produced, and it was awesome.  This was from a day when it plausibly made sense to demand your MTV.

As to mullets, that is perhaps an acquired taste.  However, I must confess that I get a little nostalgic for Big Hair.  Life was good - Reagan was president, we had the Godless Commies on the run, and we had Girl Bands with Big Hair*.  America!  Heck Yeah!**



* While I did not have a mullet back in the day, and certainly did not have Big Hair, I did in fact have hair then.

** Long time readers know that we strive to keep this blog PG rated.

1 comment:

drjim said...

I actually miss the 1980's. It was before things got a little "too real", I was making good money, had fun every night, and was single.

Hmmm...I think I detected a trend there....