Thursday, April 19, 2012

D-Day Minus 2

By the time you read this, I should almost be to Alabama, wheels pointed west towards FOB Borepatch.  Two days from now is the Dallas Area Blogshoot, and I need to announce a special guest:
Kevin Baker from The Smallest Minority
Needless to say, I'm pretty psyched to meet Kevin In Real Life, since he's the only one on the 'net who writes posts (almost) as long as mine.  He's not only a Wickid Smaht Bastid, but he's bringing an arsenal big enough to invade Canada.  Of course, he's bringing it to Dallas, so I expect that all y'all will bring something to add to the big ol' shooty pot luck.

Saturday, 10:00 AM until we get tired or run out of ammo.  Details on the blogshoot here.

Hmmm ... the whole situation makes me imagine the following conversation:
Super Smart™ Progressive: But why do you need to cross state lines to go shooting?

Me: It's quite simple, really.  The answer is @#$% you*.
See all y'all there.

* Thanks to Tam for many things, but especially for this line which I find gratifyingly useful.

9 comments:

Bob S. said...

Looking forward to meeting you and the missus.

Unfortunately my lovely wife, She Who Lets Me Make Her Coffee Every Morning won't be coming. Between still dealing with recovering muscle tissue and other plans, she opted out this time.

Stephen said...

Some folks have all the fun....loved the answer.

SGB said...

Be sFe

BobG said...

I met Kevin at the blogmeet in Reno. He's a good guy and an interesting conversationalist.

Guffaw in AZ said...

I met Kevin @ the Central AZ Blogshoot. People overuse the phrase, but, he truly is a Gentleman and a Scholar! I only wish we could have talked more.
Hopefully you'll get to both shoot and talk (and eat)!

Aretae said...

Sorry I'll miss it. Should be the last one though.

kx59 said...

Borepatch, when we get there, what are we looking for? Gun Club? shooting range? Open land?

USCitizen said...

kx59:

Best to meet at the Texaco SE Corner of I-45 and Beltline & travel to the range as a group at 10:00 AM.

It's an open range by the Trinity River. Gate access has to be unlocked for entry.

Theredneckengineer said...

Can't wait to meet Kevin, as well as you, Borepatch.