Thursday, August 30, 2012

Welcome, Citizen

This is perhaps premature, only only de jureDe facto, we have another one of Us:
I'm so very, very happy to report that Inappropriately Hot Foreign Wife has just passed her US Citizenship exam today!

...

As my wife approached the date last year when she qualified to apply for US citizenship, she discovered a stronger desire to be American, and not just a hyphen-American.
Congratulations to Mrs. Paul, Dammit, and welcome.  As I understand it the next step is the swearing in (at least, I hope so).  And I would offer this as a welcome: all of us that you are joining are either Revolutionaries (as you are) or descended from Revolutionaries.  Either we or our ancestors made that break, to come to a foreign land and make it our own.

To make it great.

As I said, welcome.  And Paul mentioned a song that our sophisticated Intellectual Elite shudders to hear.  Well in honor of the occasion, here's another.



But if you got pride and you're proud you do
we could use some more like me and you ...

Welcome, Mrs. Paul, Dammit.  We could use some more like me and you.

No comments: