Friday, January 22, 2016

I seem to be the Typhoid Mary of snow

Three weeks after I moved from Yankeeland to Atlanta, it snowed.  I've been in Castle Borepatch for three weeks and a day and it's snowmageddon.

I am now accepting offers from communities that never want snowfall.  For the right price, I will promise never to move to your fair locale.  I will also take offers from communities that want huge amounts of snow - for the right price, I'll move there.

Who knows, maybe I can get offers from both.  Winning!

9 comments:

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Dammit, BP...

ASM826 said...

Told'ja

Hat Trick said...

Some years ago I had a perfect record of catching at least two powder days in five days of skiing when I'd take a ski vacation out west. Thought about hiring myself out to the resorts as a snowmaker. I hope you're prepared to rode it out at Castle Borepatch.

SiGraybeard said...

How about the last one? How much to move down to central Florida?

It would be hilarious.


JC said...

It's been done. Remember when Johnny Carson said he'd renew his contract if it snowed in Burbank? Mexico City earthquake? Mount St. Helen? My brother Dan was there for all of them. He's getting a small remittance from each to stay the fuck away.

Miguel GFZ said...

Don't come to Miami :D

Ken said...

What you really want is offers for both from the same locale. Bidding war FTW! :-)

Comrade Misfit said...

You realize, don't you, that with that record, California will probably outbid everyone else to have you move there.

Unknown said...

I guess I can blame you then