Monday, September 22, 2008

Foodblogging - Peach Cobbler

#1 son and I made peach cobbler for dinner. Easy and fun.

Ingredients:
  • 4 ripe peaches (you maybe could do this with canned, but I haven't tried)
  • 1/2 tsp ginger paste (I like the kind that comes in the tube)
  • pinch salt
  • 2 packets instant (maple and brown sugar) oatmeal
  • 1/2 stick butter
Halve the peaches, and slice into 1/4 inch slices. Put peach slices, ginger, and salt into a bowl and mix to combine. Dump into an ungreased baking dish. Spread oatmeal on top, then slice butter on top of that.

Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Then turn oven to broil, and brown the streusel top.

For extra credit, refrigerate over night and serve on waffles for breakfast. I hear it's good, but somehow none ever seems to last the night ...

1 comment:

Lissa said...

Now I'm hungry. Thanks a LOT Ted!