Friday, May 15, 2009

Hey you! Patch your computer!

Yes, you.

I told you last week that there was a security hole in Adobe's Acrobat Reader, and that this was being actively exploited in the wild. Well, Adobe has a patch available. You really, really want to get this.

Windows users, get it here.

Mac users, go here.

Linux fanboys, you're no different. Getcher patch over here.

PDF is everywhere, and this will silently whack you. So take a couple minutes and exercise your click-fu, because this one won't come via Windows Update. Folks who work in IT should get this pushed out to your users.

2 comments:

Albert A Rasch said...

Thanks BP,

I'm on my way to do it!

Albert

TOTWTYTR said...

Done! Thanks. Now, should I install the MS Malicious Software Removal Tool? I ask because some people consider most stuff by MS to BE malicious software!