Tuesday, December 27, 2022

The Christmas Cold

That would be mine.  We had to cancel Christmas dinner with friends - anyone who's had the good fortune to eat one of her banquets can imagine just how disappointed they must have been.  Tomorrow I hardly got out of bed at all.  Poor Wolfgang hasn't had his proper walks but since he's in his Golden Years he wasn't bouncing off of walls like he would have a few years ago.

It wasn't the 'rona - I did a home test which came back negative.  Not sorry about that - it wasn't a lot of fun a year ago.

But it seems to be a cold - 48 hours later I'm on the uptick.  Blogging should be back to normal soon. 

5 comments:

Michael said...

Whole chicken soup skins bones and all until meat falls off, take out the skin and bones, shred meat. Add frozen veggies. Cook until done.

NOW add a lot of live culture Kimchee to your bowl of steaming goodness.

Prepare to sweat and blow your nose. I favor moist paper towels; you'll understand shortly afterwards.

Was introduced to this in Korea when I had a "I wanna DIE flu". Worked awesomely.

Old NFO said...

It's going around. I've been down with the same mess. Hope you're getting better quickly!

LindaG said...

Get well soon! God bless.

Ken said...

Sorry for your troubles. Had the flu a week and a half ago; I was functional, but not much more. Been a long time since I saw 104 on my thermometer. @Michael, gonna save that recipe for my next cold. Thanks for sharing it.

Michael said...

The whole chicken soup-kimchee add on is my biweekly Preventative.

I can tell when I forget to do my preventative and a three-day salvo follows.

BTW Kimchee is easy to make, I have a 5-gallon pail working right now. Kept cellar cool and under the brine by weighted plate lasts forever.

When I was stationed in Korea, I hiked the mountains to the monasteries. I saw and ate from year old kimchee from man sized pots.

It's gets stouter as it ages. A year old kimchee will put hair on your chest.