Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Blogroll updates

I had thought that it had been a year (!) since I updated the blogroll.  Yes, I suck.  I'd say that it's been an interesting year, but that's whining.  Nobody wants to hear that (well, I sure don't), so here are some great blogs you should go check out.

Lawrence Person's Battleswarm blog should be on your daily read list (at least while Google Reader yet draws breath).  He did a simply epic trolling of the leftie/feminist community (but I repeat myself) on April Fool's Day - so epic that the butt-hurt Progs got his article taken down.  Undetered, he posted about it ()name and shame, baby - name and shame).  That attracted dozens of comments, including butt hurt Progs in an echo trolling.
[stands]

[*clap*] [*clap*] [*clap*] [*clap*] 
Plus, Lawrence has asked three times if I'd blogroll him. Did I mention the "I suck" part. (If anyone else has emailed asking me to add them, ping me again because I promise to try to suck less).

Nothing About Everything is from frequent commenter Goober.  Despite his nom de blog, he is a bit of a polymath - Boats, cigars and whiskey, and the science of organic farming:
Like the E. Coli that was recently found in the farmed produce from one German organic farm that recently made the news for sickening hundreds of people and killing 29.  We now have one German “organic” farm that is responsible for the deaths of more people than the much-maligned Gulf oil spill, Exxon Valdez oil spill, and the Fukushima Nuclear disaster combined, but you won’t hear about that in the news, I’m sure.  
You know how many people have been proven to have been killed by the dangerous chemicals used in non-organic farming?  Zero.  Zippo.  Zilch.  Nada.  (Unless you count industrial accidents either at the place of manufacture or the farm, itself).  
You can have your organic limes.  When I drink my Tequila, I savor the wonderful pesticide aftertaste.  You can savor the bacteria-ifested cowshit all over your limes if you want, but count me out.
He is clearly and Enemy Of The State™, and I'll save him a seat on the bench at the Camps.  We can talk about whiskey, and science and stuff.

Livin The Dream is trapped behind enemy lines in the People's Republic of Maryland.  Next time I'm up there we'll need to get together with T-Bolt to talk about 'splody stuff, fishing, and heavy-duty house remodeling:
The house was built in 1910 and we remolded the entire first floor new hard wood, ceramic tile,  granite fire place surround and wainscoting I will miss that old house but not the amount of work that needed to be done to the rest of it somehow I lost the pictures of the bathroom that I built it was truly unique with a walk around shower wall so my 95 year old grand mother could just use her walker and walk in.
Or cooking - venison goulash and cornbread, yum indeed.  Another polymath.  We seem to collect 'em here in our little corner of Mr. Gore's most excellent Information Superhighway.

In the knock me over with a feather category, I find that Kathy Jackson has blogrolled me.  For the two of you who have been trying to get your money out of Cypriot banks or something and haven't run across her Cornered Cat site, she's well worth spending a week or two going through her archives.  If you are a man and want to get your wife/girlfriend into shooting, Kathy's place should be your first stop.

Simon Grey writes on politics and society from the reactionary-libertarian perspective.  I've linked to his posts repeatedly which if you're a frequent reader is hopefully all you need to know.  I don't always agree with him but he seems to be another sigma from the mean higher in intelligence than I am.  Go, read.

Den Of The Wolfman posts on guns and prepping.  I expect that come TEOTWAWKI, he'll be the guy living in style:
I'm trying a new experiment. One of the things that I work towards on a regular basis is bringing all my various skills close to home. A big part of my prep plan is SHIP (SHelter In Place) rather than SHOW (SHelter Out in Wild) now that we have a young'un. And a big part of that plan is having food sources within walking distance.

I can grow a garden- I learned that last summer, and I'll be growing it a bit this year, and see what I can eke out of it. As it stands, we are still eating last summer's zuchinni, which I froze as it came ready. Meat is a little trickier- that'll be a barter situation at best, right now. And bread...

Oh, bread! I don't know if this is clear, but I love baking bread. Normally I'm a lousy baker, because I'm not real good at following recipes, but bread is a different story. Its a little bit alive, a little bit flexible, and a whole lot of satisfying. My new pet is a yeast culture.
So there you go - great blogs.  I still suck, but in future I shall endeavour to suck less.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

I'll check em out, thanks!

Wolfman said...

Thanks, Borepatch!

Goober said...

Wow. I have to admit I may not be the polymath that you think I am. Proof of this is that I just had to look up the term polymath.

I'm blushing. Thanks so much.