The parts of the world using the metric system refer to the sport as football. The United States calls it soccer. I don't mind the sport. It looks like an excuse to do a lot of running and occasionally to practice your acting skills when someone bumps you. I don't follow it, but I'm an equal opportunity sports ignorer. I'm not following pro football, basketball, golf or tennis, either.
However, I saw in the news that Australia lost to the United States 2-0 and Australians are saying it is the most embarrassing thing ever. Short memory down under, eh?

3 comments:
While I'm amused by the videos coming out of the world cup -- my favorite being the lines of people waiting to get into a Waffle House of all places -- I'll be glad when we stop getting inundated with soccer themed ads.
Zzzzzz.
One of homo sapiens defining feature is the opposable thumb, yet these knuckleheads dreamed up a sport where you can't use it. Hard to fathom.
I have a picture of my father doing that in front of a kangaroo crossing sign.
Great to have you back ASM826!
Frankly, I am not sure why so many are so thrilled by a bunch of people kicking a ball around for an hour and a half without accomplishing much of any scoring. Look at most results: 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 -- really? That's all you have to show for your 90 minutes of effort?
Post a Comment