Monday, December 19, 2011

Ammo supplier review: BulkAmmo.com

Earlier in the year, Steve from Bulkammo.com approached me to do a review of their Internet/mailorder ammo service.  I did, but have always kind of felt a little bad, because after all, what could I say?  Steve dropped some ammo in the mail?  It wasn't particularly useful to any of you.

And so, finding myself in short supply of .303 Brit, I though I'd take his service for a test drive all on my own.  Three data points describe it:

Order confirmation: Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Order ship notification:  Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 1:41 PM

Delivery: Thursday 12/15, around 1:00 PM

Wow.  I now have sufficient .303 for upcoming maneuvers.  Even if my friends like to shoot the Enfield.  The price was good ($17/box), shipping cost was reasonable, it was all no fuss, no muss.

The only thing that was a little strange is that bulkammo.com doesn't seem to have a link on their home page for .303 Brit.  I had to use their search box to find it, but it came right up as in stock.

So if you're looking for a last minute gift for someone, you might want to check them out.  And remember, ammunition makes a great stocking stuffer.

5 comments:

anieb said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brad_in_IL said...

I shot some .303 this weekend, both 150 and 180 grain stuff from Prvi Partizan. Shot it from a Jungle Carbine. Sure made one hell of a KaBOOOM with that short barrel. Twas FUN. Bought it on line - two boxes, $40 delivered.

I'm purposely not stating the retailer's name as I live behind enemy lines in MA. Wouldn't want Martha Coakley to put a burr up the ass of my 7.62x54R supplier.

- Brad

Borepatch said...

Earlier deleted comment was spam. If any ammo suppliers want to contact, please email me.

Murphy's Law said...

Man, you gotta start reloading if you're going to shoot .303. A cheap press, your old brass, and Hornady's 174gr. .312 bullets and you'll be shooting cheaply and enjoyably. And if you really want to go cheap, buy the bulk surplus .311 diameter pulled bullets from demilled 762x54 rounds. They fit and shoot ok and they're literally pennies each.

Broken Andy said...

BulkAmmo is fast! All of my orders are 2 and 3 day affairs. They sent me some .44 mag to test, and I went to see what they were selling it for I ordered some more from them. Addictive too... I also bought a bulk order of .223 the next day.