Sunday, July 26, 2026

The Four Rules, This Time With Emphasis

Just to review.

  • Treat all firearms as if they are loaded.
  • Never point the firearm at anything you are not willing to destroy.
  • Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
  • Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
  • Today's lesson will focus on the second rule and the problem I have with appendix carry. A holstered firearm in the front of your strong side leg is commonly referred to a "appendix carry". I have always thought it broke the four rules. The muzzle of your firearm, depending on if you are seated, crouched, or standing, will variously be pointed at things you do not want to destroy.

    When another rule is broken, as in the case documented by the shooter below, that bullet is going to find your tender flesh in life altering ways.

    Appendix carry. Just say no. 

     

    5 comments:

    1. He didn't just lose a testicle. He "center punched" Mr. Happy.

      So far, the only thing I wear AIWB is a revolver. I think I'll stay that way for a while.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Rule zero: never let the government take your guns.

      ReplyDelete
    3. One of the 'many' reasons I'll stick with my 4 o'clock OWB holster...

      ReplyDelete
    4. It may not be concealed per se, but I use a Sneaky Pete - even used it in MA (yes, I had an out-of-state carry license). Florida hasn't yet repealed open carry laws, but a court has found those laws unconstitutional and most Sheriff departments are refusing to enforce them.

      ReplyDelete
    5. I'm old enough to remember that was called Mexican carry. Didn't make sense then, still doesn't.

      ReplyDelete

    Remember your manners when you post. Anonymous comments are not allowed because of the plague of spam comments.