Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Time Travel

From one point of view I am scanning old slides.


The reality is that I am time traveling. The pictures take me there. Sometimes I can remember the day, the events surrounding the moment I took the shot, with some others, I see the picture and had no memory of it until that moment, but it comes flooding back. So image by image, I go back to my 20s and 30s, back to the Corps, to the births of the children, to the events that seemed important enough to get a camera and record it, holidays, beach trips and so on.

The ones that seem to really catch me are the pictures taken on ordinary days. Something is there that takes me back vividly to who we were and what our life was.




We didn't have any money at the end of the month but we were in love and full of hope and had a trust in the universe that things would work out.

1 comment: