Saturday, February 4, 2017

Sad News -- Connie DuToit

 Kim and Connie DuToit were early voices in the blogosphere. Outspoken supporters of gun rights and shooting enthusiasts, it was Kim's website The Other Side of Kim that provoked me to try blogging. When he stopped blogging and took down his archive it was a loss for all of us.

I became aware today of the news that Connie DuToit has died. Here's the email Kim sent out. If you are reading the blogs, yes Kim, we are interested in what happens and want to offer our sincere thoughts and prayers as you move through the coming days and months.
My beloved wife Connie passed away this afternoon at about 3pm, of a pulmonary embolism (blood clot on the lungs), brought on by her cancer. Her passing was sudden, but painless—and if there’s anything to be gained from this, it’s that she was spared a long period of pain from the cancer that was killing her slowly.
She’s survived by me, daughter Wendy (29), son David (26) and stepson Jack (27). Her funeral will probably be on Monday [February] 6, and will be for family only. (We are not given to big events, and would prefer just to keep it quiet.)
I will keep anyone who’s interested up to date on what happens to me, but life goes on, and so will I. Please forgive the mass mailing, but I couldn’t face the thought of writing the same kind of letter to the dozens of people who knew and loved my wife.
Best wishes to all.
Kim

4 comments:

Overload in Colorado said...

I enjoyed listening to the Kim and Connie podcast back in 07-08, and, of course, reading the blog. I hoped after Trump entered office they'd reopen/restart. My condolences.

Jerry The Geek said...

I was a devoted fan of DeTuit for several years; whenever I signed on to the net, I went there FIRST.

The website was challenging ... oh, I don't have the words to say how much I enjoyed, and learned from, the website.

When CDT quit blogging, I felt a deep sense of loss. No longer would I have that bizarre wisdom to make me think for myself; and that was the greatest benefit to me (and probably most of us who were regular visitors/contributors 'back in The Day').

While I never was interested in podcast, I was encouraged by the example and the standards of the blogging there. I've missed that.

It might not be TOO extreme to say that Kim d'Tuid was the inspiration for many of us to enter the "blogosphere".

Dan said...

Very sad news. My condolences to Kim and the family. I was dedicated to Kim's blog for a long time. My prayers during this difficult time.

Old NFO said...

Thoughts and prayers for the family.