...fix it till it is.
The Marine Corps is considering replacing the current recruiting slogan. It's been "The Few, The Proud, The Marines" since 1977. It doesn't fit the narrative and the recruiting direction the Corps is taking.
I'm not opposed to change. I 'm just skeptical about what the advertising team and the perfumed princes in the Pentagon are going to come up with.
But if they want some suggestions, there are pieces of old quotes that I would like to see tried:
1. Marines. Tough as woodpecker lips.
2. Marines. Because it's good to win.
3. Excellence in combat.
4. USMC: The spineless need not apply.
5. No better friend — no worse enemy.
6. Did you want to live forever?
7. First to Fight (an old motto)
8. Honor before glory.
9. Make Friends With Your Rifle.
Feel free to add to the list in the comments. Really funny bad slogans are also welcome.
Perhaps "The New Marines: Political Correctness before Victory"?