Thursday, March 17, 2016

House of Cards

We didn't quite binge it,but we did watch the 13 episodes of season 4 in about 2 weeks. I don't know if any of you have seen it, but I like the hopelessly Machiavellian tone it has. Everyone in Washington is a player. Some are better at it than others.

Kevin Spacey plays President Frank Underwood. Amoral, ruthless, and smart. He's gone too far, though, and it's going to come crashing down. Hence the title.

It is available on Netflix and I recommend it.


5 comments:

Borepatch said...

I liked the first two seasons, but the third one got me bored after an episode or two. Who cares if he gets his bills passed?

But you should watch the original BBC version with Ian Richardson as Francis Underwood. Completely evil, better than even Kevin Spacy (who was brilliant in this).

Jerry The Geek said...

I haven't had cable TV for .. oh, I don't know. Twenty years?

But sometimes there are series which are worth watching (if they are too few to justify maintaining a cable subscription).

Is this series available on DVD?

ASM826 said...

It's not cable TV. It's Netflix, online. But yes, it's available on DVD.

Arthur said...

"Ian Richardson as Francis Underwood. Completely evil, better than even Kevin Spacy (who was brilliant in this)."

Tell me you've seen Tinker, Tailor.

No one did loveable, kill him with fire better than Richardson.

Guffaw in AZ said...

Am caught up with it.
Makes me wonder if this is simply a pale fiction compared with real life?
I'm certain the sausage being made is much darker and bloody than we are lead to believe.

And I truly hope I am wrong.

gfa