Friday, February 5, 2016

550 Yards

Borepatch might recognize this field. His Enfield has been shot there. He got poison ivy cutting a load of firewood in those trees in the distance.

Last Sunday afternoon. 550 yards across the field. It was late and the light was fading. My shooting partner went first. He got his scope zeroed, took his shots, and then I had just a few minutes. I took 3 shots. They were all in the scoring rings on a 100 yard SR target. Not great. I think the rifle is capable of better. I think a 6 inch group is possible.

Now we are ordering some true 500 yard paper targets and an 18" steel plate. I want to try this range with my 1903A3 and iron sights.

If you open this image and start expanding it, you can see the target, it's at the edge of the treeline almost straight out from where the rifle is pointing.


Borepatch said...

Whoa, dude!

DoninSacto1 said...

What tree line? I don't see no tree line. Why past my ability.

Old NFO said...

Nicely done!