Monday, November 23, 2015

The 5 Stages of Blogging

Things are only funny because they are true. Stolen from Uncle Jay.

5 stages-
______________________________________________________________

Denial
Upon seeing or experiencing some inanity or stupidity, the thought of "I cannot believe the AssHattery I am seeing here."

Anger
"This shit is so FUBAR I must blog about it! To the Keyboard!"

Bargaining
After several hundred keystrokes, a handful of Google searches, a wiki-wander or three, missing out on going to lunch with the new receptionist, and a deadline looming for getting that new contract done and submitted- you make promises:
"Just 2 more paragraphs. And a link to that picture on fark.com...
Then I'll get back to that proposal."

Depression
On first proofread:
"What the f... Did a third grader write this?
Nope- A third grader would have done a batter job.
Why do I even try? No one reads this shit anyway. Tam probably wrote about this weeks ago and probably did the job 10 times better."

Acceptance
Fuck it. (presses send)
Like I said- no one reads my shit anyway.
Who gives a shit. At least it's free ice cream. 

4 comments:

R.K. Brumbelow said...

There ain't no such thing as free ice cream TANSTAFIC, ask Bluebell lovers.

Seriously though, there are 2 economies, what will you give for some* and what will you give up for some*

* being a variable, common replacements include thing, one, place.

Personally, I find the most valuable * are those which I have given up the most for, most not meaning money, but rather time, effort, relationships or simply possibility.

OldAFSarge said...

Your description of blogging sounds familiar. Too familiar.

Old NFO said...

True dat!!! :-)

Lawrence Person said...

My rule for blog post quality these days is: As good as I can make it before I leave for work. Then it's done.