Monday, October 19, 2015

I Feel A Disturbance

Finally, maybe, I feel a little hope. Not a Gungan in sight.


R.K. Brumbelow said...

Gotta be honest, I am pretty meh about the new series. In the 70's and 80's I was all about Star Wars and Star Trek (I barely missed the original Trek first run on account of being born in the following decade) I even took off from work for a day and waited in those silly lines for the Phantom menace premeire first showing (actually I gave the entire teaching staff the day off and we simply scheduled no classes that day save 1 3com class and that was being taught by and for 3 Com employees for Excel as I recall, they just neded our facilities in Atlanta) So that experience burned me, then I said OK ep2 will be better, so I saw it opening night, 2nd showing, more dufuq! Ep 3 I saw opening week. By the time Lensflare Abrams did Trek, I was homebound, so I waited and watched it online, better than 1,2,3 but still meh. Now it is disney and Lensflare, not Kasden and Lucas so I am thinking I will wait till it hits the bargin bin at Wally world. Sorry, but 5 times bitten means 3125 times shy (do the maths).

kahr40 said...

Actually Kasden was involved in writing the script which is a plus. I liked Abrams Star Trek reboot even though he was lazy with the second. The fact that Lucas isn't involved is a plus. He lucked out with the original, was smart enough to bring in more talented directors for 2 and 3 but has mucked with them ever since and sucked whatever fun there was out of them with his constant edits. The second trilogy...meh. I'll give it a try, but not opening night. Not enough money in the world to get me in a theater opening night. Well, yeah there is but nobody is offering.

R.K. Brumbelow said...

.333 is only a good average in baseball (Kasden + Lensflare + Disney) ... OK maybe I will upgrade it to when it comes out in normal release on DVD/ Bray as opposed to bargain bin, but I am still not seeing it in the theaters.