Monday, September 28, 2015

In a Moment

We go along, living our lives, not realizing how fast it can change. The spouse of a very good friend missed a step last night going outside to look at the eclipse. It caused her to roll her ankle, wrench her knee, and then as she fell, she badly broke her wrist. Recovery will take some time, the wrist will require surgery, and currently nothing is normal.

Borepatch's motorcycle tumble last year, my recent bicycle/car interaction, any one of us has stories to tell about how things can change in a moment.


Chickenmom said...

Never take tomorrow for granted, but you can't live in fear either.
So what do you do? Enjoy life to the fullest extent that you can!

burt said...

Amen, brother.

During the August 2 Homes For Our Troops ride in NH, a driver at one of the unguarded intersections decided that waiting for the 800+ motorcycles to go by was just taking too long for her... so she decided to just cross the road.

In front of me.

The only reason I didn't hit her was because I hit the brakes - HARD - and then laid the bike down.

At least a dozen witnesses saw everything. She was charged with "failure to yield to oncoming traffic".

I walked away. Just some road rash on my arms and knees.

Things can change in a split-second.

bruce said...

I think this may top some of my early adventures in construction.

Doble Troble said...

Guy in the tree: no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no...