Monday, January 19, 2015

Sunny and 50

Sunny, 50, and a holiday Monday. Must be time to to go to the range.

Took a father/son set of guests with me. Two other members joined us. Had a fine time, everything from my Savage .22 to a Russian M-38. Took one of my personal favorites and the 14-year -old shot every bit of 9mm ammo I had with me.

Update: added bolded text for clarity.


Will said...

NEVER shoot all your ammo when you go to a range. Always set some back in case you run into trouble. People have died due to shooting all their ammo at targets. In fact, make it obvious that you still have ready ammo when you pack up.
As an example: the two BG's in the Miami-FBI shootout in '87 got their guns and vehicles by doing just that to target shooters.

ASM826 said...


Yes, and I updated the post to be more clear. He shot all the ammo I had with me for that particular firearm. By no means did he shoot all the ammo.

Weetabix said...

I love taking kids to the range. I was shooting with a bunch of Scouts once, and one kid went through about 160 rounds of 7.62x54r in a Mosin Nagant. And was still smiling when he stopped. Ah, the endurance of youth!