Wednesday, November 5, 2014

What Comes Next

 Winning elections and using the balance of power between the Constitutionally mandated branches of government to check the excesses of the Executive branch is so 20th Century. We are now going to see what President Obama will do when there is no longer any election in his future to concern himself with. I expect he will start with amnesty for illegal immigrants, but I doubt very much if he will stop there. I offer you a quote from Star Wars as a warning to what comes next.

The Emperor: As you can see, my young apprentice, your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station Executive Order system.

Unfortunately I expect that Congress will continue to act like this.

It would be nice to be proven wrong.


Rev. Paul said...

Yeah, that. I'm not going to hold my breath.

R.K. Brumbelow said...

At least the supreme court is (pun intended) moderately safe for the next 2 years. Should a conservative be elected in the next presidential election it could be safe for much longer. With Breyer and Ginsburg at an age where they may leave at any moment we could potentially have a strong conservative presence in the court for quite a few years.