Sunday, November 30, 2014

No Too Fast

Here I am on a stage where you shoot a few rounds of rifle and then transition to the pistol. This was taken on a cell phone and then uploaded, so the quality isn't great.

You can see the first few targets after I draw the pistol, the shots are even and I have good control of the muzzle. Now, if I could just do it in half the time...


NotClauswitz said...

Looks like fun to me!

Goober said...

Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast.

Take your time, but hurry up doing it.

eiaftinfo said...

Looked good to me. Accuracy trumps speed the vast majority of the time!

selsey.steve said...

I know a number of shooters, male and female, who take part in IPSC competitions. One lady took some lessons which improved her times dramatically. Her husband took the same course and his times also improved.
When prevailed upon, they revealed their secret. They had both taken elementary ballet lessons.
Don't laugh!
The lessons taught them body movements, resilience to momentum once moving when having to stop, economy of movement and over all major muscle control.
Plus point?
They didn't have to wear tu-tus when learning this!