Saturday, November 29, 2014

3 Gun, You Learn Stuff

3 Gun is a really good way to wring the issues you are having with your gear. I now know that it is time to replace the springs in my 1911. I also know that I need to check the setup on the seating die on my .223 press. As a corollary, I will need to run all the .223 I already have through a case gage.

On the plus side, I had a couple of really good stages. I shot well. The weather was beautiful, sunny and crisp, high might have approached 50 at midday. We had fun. No one got hurt. No one even got DQ'd.


drjim said...

3-gun looks like it would be a whole lotta fun!

I know I'd never be competitive, and probably post the slowest time, but it still looks like a lot of fun.

Nosmo King said...

Action match competition is where you learn what gear works, what doesn't, what the equipment life cycle is, and where the gun/shooter interface needs adjustment, all on a one-way range. Combat training it isn't, educational it is. And it's much many funner than a square range.