Saturday, October 4, 2014

Ladies Day

Twice a year we open the club to the women in the community. One Saturday, spring and fall, you can come to our club and have a safe, supervised opportunity to shoot archery, .22 rifles, shotguns, .38 revolvers, and 9mm pistols.

We put a full effort into this, striving to make it a positive experience. I try to ask each visitor that comes to my station if they have ever shot before. There are always first timers. Today was no exception.

I was working with the team on the .22 rifles today. We had scoped Ruger 10-22s. The highlight of my day was an older woman, late 70s perhaps, who came to my station. We went through the short brief, got her set up so she could see through the scope, and got her started. After the first three rounds, she lifted her head off the stock, looked at me and said, "I like this one, I like this one a lot, this is fun!"

That's what a range day should be.

I took some pictures of the events, but this one, looking across the berms, captured the spirit of the day for me.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Outstanding! Thank you for taking the time to make it a pleasant experience for the ladies!