Monday, October 13, 2014

Borepatch Update

I spoke with Borepatch on the phone this afternoon. He's sore and not able to get around like he'd like to. He wants to post his own update in the next day or so, and I don't want to presume to speak in his place, but for those of you that had expressed your concerns, he is alive and kicking whining.

Life isn't just happening to Borepatch. He and I talked about Keads over at Another Day..Another.... Keads has a battle he can only watch. Someone very dear to him is facing breast cancer and had a double mastectomy last week.  Say a prayer to whatever God you worship and then drop by his blog and offer him what words you have.

4 comments:

Keads said...

Thank You Gentlemen. I wish a speedy recovery for BP.

I am humbled. Thanks again.

Chickenmom said...

Poor Borepatch! He is going to be sore for a long, long time. He probably wishes he could manage to sleep standing up.

burt said...

BP needs to allow his body to heal itself. The worst part about going down is getting back up... and then the wait to heal up so you can get back on again.

Sending lots of positive thoughts and well-wishes in his direction...

NotClauswitz said...

The ribs are a right bitch and make sleeping difficult, and the collar-bone adds to the difficulty, you can (or must) either sleep sitting up or you cant - depending on what the ribs allow and which direction the break takes. And that has to work with what the ribs will let you do.
I've had one, my wife had the other, and now I'm re-experiencing the ribs-thing again... Compression helps but you need to breathe deeply and avoid pneumonia. My sincere sympathies and wishes for a speedy recovery.