Saturday, September 13, 2014

She Told Me To Get Out of the House

What a Saturday! She was having a group of friends over for lunch and a meeting. She told me to be gone and stay gone. Well, okay then.

I packed up early and went to the range. Took lunch with me. Shot some of mine, shot some other things. Had a lot of fun with some .22s that a friend had brought out. One of the most interesting and fun things I got to shoot was a Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22.

Built from the design phase as a .22, it's not an AR-15, but it looks, feels, and has controls like one. Shoots and cycles with standard .22 ammo. Plenty accurate and a good way to get rid of all the .22 ammo in your stockpile. I had seen them in the shops and at the shows. This was the first time I had gotten to shoot one.

I don't foresee getting one, but anytime one is available, I'll bring my own ammo.


Skip said...

The last time I was deemed to be underfoot it cost thousands and took me through six states...sigh.

Old NFO said...

Yep, those are nice little trainer rifles and just flat FUN to shoot! :-)

maddmedic said...

All the .22 in your stockpile???
Then you have to find more!!

Which is getting easier...
Kind of.

phred said...

I stumbled into one of those earlier this year. Put a cheap red dot on the thing and it's like cheating.

The only problem I have found is replacing the 300+ rounds the kids go through any time I hand them the rifle.

Tam said...

My M&P15/22 is one of my absolutely favorite guns to shoot, and invaluable addition as an "understudy" for my Big Girl Gun.