Thursday, June 26, 2014

Brian Enos

I train with people and have learned from people that have real world experience. The first thing they tell you is that you will react out of training under stress. The way you train, from grip to stance to how you reload, will come automatically. Train poorly and you will have poor skills.

I have some experience in competitive shooting, again nothing I want to offer advice based on. What I want to do is point you to other sites and resources that I have learned from. Here's one. Brian Enos (shooting biography here) is a competition shooter who has written some books on the subject and hosts a large website that includes a forum. I will be referencing some of the information there in future posts.

Brian has approached shooting as a martial art. Some of his writing is about the philosophy he has used to be successful as a competitive shooter. This is a book about shooting. Worth reading because he lets you inside his thinking.


Murphy's Law said...

Brian's a solid resource, not a poser like many out there today.

Train well.

NotClauswitz said...

I would like to take classes from him, now that I cannot take classes from Louis anymore...

Scott_S said...

I have that book and it and his forum are wonderful resources for any skill level shooter.

Jerry The Geek said...

Being "In The Zone" during a pistol match is a state of Nirvana.

"Take this pebble from my hand".

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.

All that really happens, but it takes practice and the proper mindset.

Enos teaches the mindset.

The practice? That's up to you; but you can never enter The Zone unless you do combine the two.