Sunday, January 19, 2014


I was out with the lovely and not-an-antique Mrs. Borepatch, practicing my antiquing and generally getting in touch with my feminine side (decorating protip: using lots of gray* will make accessorizing colors pop) when I ran across a single book that's missing from my collection:

Last summer I got the entire collection except for this volume at a Library yard sale.  I paid $1 a book then, and had to cough up $4 for this one, but that's what you get when there's a middleman involved.

Still, I now have the entire set of The Story Of Civilization.  Go, me.

But what's with all the restaurants in Atlanta being closed on Sunday?  A man could starve to death on Sunday there.  Still, at least I got to watch the Patriots get crushed at the sports bar we went to as a Plan D.

* Gray seems very trendy, and there seem to be a lot of different shades that the decorators are using.  Maybe even 50.  I'm here all week; try the veal.


Old NFO said...

LOL, that IS a good series...

ProudHillbilly said...

Definitely a score! That's a well-written series.

I snag so many good books out of the $1 bin at Good Will and the library.