Saturday, June 11, 2011

How Mrs. Borepatch became a Gun Nut

Jennifer asks quite a good question.  I'll answer separately for myself, but the Lovely and not-a-gun-nut Mrs. Borepatch said it best.

So, she's not a gun nut, according to her.  Me, I think that she is, in the way that counts: she named her SIG.

She also thinks this: Gun rights are Women's rights.  Gun rights are Gay rights.  Gun rights are a reflection that the citizen is a responsible member of society, not a subject.  Gun rights are a statement that we are responsible to take care of ourselves, and not wait for Nanny to save us or our children.

But that's me, for another post.

3 comments:

Guffaw in AZ said...

I just knew you'd pick a smart, plain-spoken woman!

Lissa said...

Tell the lovely Mrs. Borepatch that Siguette says: All good SIGs deserve names :)

Southern Belle said...

I love that post by Mrs. Borepatch.