Saturday, May 2, 2015

The ultimate Borepatchian film

I just watched National Treasure and enjoyed it more than I've enjoyed a film in a long, long time.  It's the perfect Borepatchian film: full to the brim of history nerd clues and puzzles to figure out and with the happy story about happy people with happy problems ending that I like.  It also has Sean Bean (who doesn't die in this film; go figure) and is perhaps the most I've enjoyed Nicholas Cage since Moonstruck.  It's kid-friendly, too (as you'd expect from Disney).



If you haven't seen this then you're in for a real treat.  Highly, highly recommended.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Now if you could just figure out how to teach history this way kids might finally pay attention.

DoninSacto said...

NT2 was pretty good, too. I really liked using the Declartion of Independence as a shield. That is actually what it was intended for.

Ken said...

I enjoyed it.

ProudHillbilly said...

I liked it very much.

ProudHillbilly said...

I liked it very much.

Anonymous said...

AMEN, Brother!
One of my favorites!
(Even my liberal roomie likes it.)

gfa

Old NFO said...

Yep, humor and history combined!

Archer said...

Funny coincidence: I first saw it years ago, but we just re-watched it on Saturday.

It's a very fun film!